Would you like to be a part of the Wildcat Family? We would love to have the chance to meet you and share our job opportunities with you!
Join us at our Job Fair on Thursday, April 27 from 5 to 7 p.m. on the second floor of the MHS Multi-Purpose Building.
Here are the details:
Who should attend? Anyone interested in teaching in the Meridian Public School District.
What’s happening at the Job Fair? Administrators from each of our schools will be present and able to provide information about job openings at their school.
Where is the Job Fair? MHS Multi-Purpose Building (2320 32nd Street, Meridian, MS 39305) – The Multi-Purpose Building is the new building located at the end of the football field.
When is the Job Fair? Thursday, April 27 from 5:00 to 7:00 p.m.
How should I prepare? Bring along a resume and anything else you would like to share with school administrators.
Why Teach Meridian? The reasons are endless, but here are a few examples of why you should teach Meridian:
- Competitive salary – MPSD offers a competitive salary and benefits package
- History of excellence – The Meridian Public School District boasts a long tradition of excellence both in and out of the classroom including State Championship winning Academic and Sports Teams
- Teach with the best – almost half of the MPSD educators hold an advanced degree and/or National Board Certification
- Opportunities for creative and innovative teaching – MPSD offers students a one to one technology environment as well as a vast array of opportunities through STEM classes and Project Lead the Way Computer Science, Robotics, and Engineering classes
- Outstanding teacher support – MPSD provides district and on-site mentoring programs as well as professional development
- MPSD is leading the way – 12 of the 13 MPSD schools are Model Sites for Positive Behavioral Interventions and Supports (PBIS)
- Teacher Incentive Programs –
1. Mississippi Teacher Fellowship Program –
- Benefits (tuition, books, materials, and fees for three year maximum)
- Requirements (geographical shortage area teacher with a Class A license; acceptance in an approved Master of Ed/Ed Specialist program; comply program eligibility requirements)
- Contact the MTFP Manager at 888-611-5160 / www.mtfp.net
2. Mississippi Teacher Loan Repayment Program
- Benefits (eligible for up to $12,000 for undergraduate student loan forgiveness)
- Requirements (obtained teacher certification through an alternate route program; teaches in one of the geographical shortage areas or teaches math, biology, chemistry, physics, Spanish, French, German, or special education in any MS school district)
- Contact the State Financial Aid Office at 800-327-2980 / riseupms.com
3. Housing Assistance for Teachers
- Benefits (maximum grant of $6000 which pays closing costs for teacher)
- Requirements (house must be in same county as school district)
- Contact MS Home Corporation at 601-718-4642 / www.mshomecorp.com
Click here to apply to Teach Meridian Today!